Recipient of the Carl-Zeiss Scholarship
I love working with news articles and in general text documents. Specifically, my research focuses on the automated identification of media bias in news articles. My research interests are:
- Media bias and content analysis
- Text analysis
- Natural language processing (NLP)
- Information retrieval
I believe in open access and strive to release my research projects as soon as they are ready for the public. You can find them listed on the right or on GitHub.
Bachelor & Master Theses
Most of the projects and theses that I supervise are concerned with text analysis and natural language processing. Besides supervising theses related to Computer Science, I also enjoy working together with students from the Social and Economic Data Science (SEDS) program and Computational Linguistics.
For information on possible projects just have a look at the News Analysis section in our list of project topics or drop me an email.
- uni'kon article on my stay at the NII, Tokyo (2016, German)
- uni'kon article on my media bias research (2018, German)
Summer Term 18
- Seminar: Selected Topics in Data Science
Winter Term 17/18
- Seminar: Cryptocurrencies and Blockchain in Practice
Summer Term 17
Winter Term 16/17
- Seminar: Selected Topics in Information Retrieval
Summer Term 16
- Project: Software Engineering