Thank you for your interest in doing a PhD or postdoc in my group at the University of Konstanz.
We are searching for motivated employees with a finished Master's degree or PhD in computer science as well as previous knowledge in the field of Data- or Information Science.
We offer a pleasant working climate in a motivated, cooperative and technically well-equipped working environment, manifold professional and personal development possibilities to take over responsibilities in interesting research projects, foreign exchange possibilities, excellent industry contacts as well as intensive mentoring during the PhD. The group is part of the faculty of computer and information science with unique focus.
The university aims at removing disadvantages that exist for female researchers at the university. We strive for an increased fraction of women in research and teaching.
The University of Konstanz was certified as a family-friendly university by the Hertie foundation. We stand up for compatibility of family and professional life.
Severely challenged persons with respective qualification are given priority (telephone number of the severely challenged persons representation: +49 7531 / 88 - 3725).
For non-academic questions, e.g. regarding visa requirements, please contact the Welcome Center at the University of Konstanz. If your application is successful, the Welcome Center will gladly support you with all organizational tasks required to transition to Konstanz, such as obtaining a visa, finding housing, and making travel arrangements.
- Please attach the following documents as pdf files:
- Letter of motivation (Briefly introduce yourself, describe your your research interests, skills and how these fit the research of my group.)
- Work showcases (If applicable: state your website. For projects you worked on, include links to the project website, code repository, and/or other relevant resources. For each project, state your role in the project.)
- Academic transcript
- Master’s thesis (or bachelor’s thesis if you haven’t started your master’s thesis yet)
- If applicable: publications you (co-)authored
- Other certificates, e.g. GRE Test, TOEFL Test etc.
- Optional: This section is only relevant if you are not applying for an advertised position. Do you have a scholarship? Do you plan to apply for a scholarship? If so, which one? If you apply from outside of Germany and require funding, please have a look at this resource and this one before sending an application.
Please send your application to email@example.com.